Driving Safely is something that everyone agrees all should do. Here are some tips to improve your driving so that you can drive safely and save your life as well as that of others:
- Wear your seat belts always even if the journey is short. Make sure all other passengers in the vehicle or at least the passengers in the front seat wears them. Wearing the seat belts is safe upto some extent in case of sudden braking unless you are at over-speed.
- Don't hesitate slowing down your vehicle whenever necessary. Don't wait upto the last moment and apply sudden brakes. Let your mind control your body.
- Adjust the head rest of your seat such that the top of the head rest is above or in level with the top of your head.
- Avoid allowing passengers more than the capacity of the vehicle. ie, avoid overloading the vehicle.
- Always stay under the speed limits. The allowed maximum speed in India for cars is 70km/hr and for bikes is 50km/hr.
- Don't ever try to jump a red signal and always slow down your vehicle when you see a yellow signal. Don't try to speed up your vehicle and try to pass the signal before it turns red.
- Always make sure that your windshield is clean and free of dust and fingerprints.
- Always use the turn indicator lamps when taking turns. Check your mirrors to ensure that no vehicles are at the back of your vehicle before turning.
- Don't drive like you own the road; drive like you own the car.
- Always avoid playing loud music in the car. You might miss hearing a horn or a siren.
- Always make sure that your car has enough fuel in it. Try and refill when your gauge reaches the quarter tank mark.
- Don't drive when you are drunk. Also avoid driving with someone who is drunk.
- Always ensure that all other vital fluids(eg. brake fluids, engine oil....) of your car are topped up.
- Don't mess up with the music system or any other switches while you are driving unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Be on the lookout for motorcycles while changing lanes. Don't forget to check the blind spots.
- Always engage the handbrake when the car is idle even at traffic signals to avoid moving on slopes. Remember to release the handbrake before moving the car.
- Make sure that your tyres are in good shape and properly inflated. Overinflated and underinflated tyres reduce the tread contact with the road.
- Don't use mobile phones while driving your vehicle. Slow down your car and park it to road side if any urgent calls are to be done or attended.
Keep the following things in mind while overtaking:
- Don't overtake if the lane partition line is a solid white line.
- Don't overtake if you are uncertain about enough time or space.
- Don't overtake on a curve or over a crest.
- Don't overtake as a convoy; always let the other person overtake before changing your lane.
- Overtake only if there is a dotted line.
- Overtake only if the overtaking lane is completely clear.
- Overtake only if you have enough space and time to pass safely.
- Always use indicators and headlamps while overtaking.
Tags:- Safe Driving, Safe Driving tips, Safe Driving points, Drive safely, Drive safely tips, Driving tips, Tips for Driving, Safety measures